A Lesson Learned … Fortunately, No One Was Hurt.. Kefir Water

Kefir water… I love it.  I "brew it" and make my boys "drink it up"!

It caused a disaster at my house yesterday.

"What is it?" you first ask.  It's a probiotic filled, yummy carbonated drink.  You have to have kefir grains and organic sugar water to brew a batch.  I then flavor mine with different combinations of berries.  You can learn more at Cultures For Health

As it brews, it builds up carbonation.  Carbonation = gas.  I lost track of time.  My glass swing top bottle was left on my countertop a bit too long.  (I was a chemistry minor.  I should know this, right?)

It sounded like a shotgun was fired in my kitchen yesterday morning.  Thank God the boys and I were on the 2nd floor when the bottle turned into a literal bomb.  It took 2 hours to clean up the glass; it flew across 3 rooms.  Large chunks, fine shards, and glass powder were everywhere.  Glass was sticking out of my kitchen cabinets, protruding from the oranges and apples in my fruit bowl, and found in places that just didn't make sense.  Chunks of drywall are now missing.

More projects for my darling Joe, but my boys weren't hurt.

Keep your kefir water in the fridge once it's finished and ready to drink.

My kitchen walls are black (yes, black).  The white speckled pattern is exposed drywall from the explosion:

 Here is a glass shard in one of my cabinet doors:

Annnd more drywall gouges.. This one is clear across the room:

Comments

Popular Posts