Carpe Diem!

While my boys (hubby included) were away this weekend, I seized the opportunity!  A fabulous new construction home in the Ladue school district went under contract.... Yeah!, and my kitchen got an organizational makeover.  The pictures are not for bragging purposes, rather will serve as a reminder in a month from now of how nice it looked.  Perhaps it will help me strive to keep it this way a bit longer.
Every time I open a door, there is a memory awaiting ....

The beautiful cross stitch art is from my sweet Aunt Irma.  She was my great aunt, in many ways!
Notice the little stack of mini-stickers?  When my oldest was a toddler, peeling and sticking these on paper was a huge calming tool.  While babysitting, my sweet Grandma Redis was cleaning, as usual!  She stacked them neatly and said, "I don't know where to put these things.  Here!  I'll put them right here!"  That was over 8 years ago.  Seeing them makes me smile.  I miss her.





Comments

Popular Posts