Windows…Crazy Simple! Sell Your House Quicker!


Strangely, I found myself with 2 free hours yesterday.  Mani/Pedi?  Nope, Windows!  Dirty windows make a house feel dreary.  Recently, one of my listings sold very fast.  The seller owns a local cleaning company and her windows sparkled.    I'm convinced those clean windows helped move her property faster than our competition.  (If you're in need of a cleaning company, call her!  Clean Sweep.  Ask for Amy.)

Tools:

  • Dawn dish soap  & white vinegar:  Eyeball the measurements.  I typically use a squirt of soap and a pour of vinegar to a gallon of crazy hot water.
  • Window squeegee:  Seriously - you must have one of these to make it a quick job!!  I can't believe how long I functioned without one!
  • Clean rags:  One to wash the windows, and one to dry your squeegee and window drips.  Make sure your rags have not been treated with fabric softener.  Fabric softener decreases the absorbency of fabrics and cause streaking.
  • Rubber gloves:  Protect those hands.
  • Ladder:  For those hard to reach windows


That's it.  Now WASH those windows.  Scrub them down, frame and all.  Follow up with the squeegee, my favorite part, and towel away the left behind drips.  Keep a quick pace and you'll be amazed what you can accomplish in a couple of hours.

You can also vacuum around the sill to remove dust and dirt.  Doing this helps keep your water clean for a longer period of time.

Comments

Popular Posts